Print Banner
Jump to Navigation

Sugar Land Post-Divorce Modifications Lawyer

Katy Divorce Order Modifications Attorney

If your divorce is final, but your circumstances have changed, you may petition the court to amend the terms of your final divorce decree. You want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests, one who is familiar with the laws and procedures in Texas, and who has successfully helped others in situations like yours.

At the Law Office of John Millard, P.C., we have more than 25 years of practice experience. We understand the importance of communication and responsiveness when working with our clients. We will take the time to listen carefully, so that we understand your goals and can formulate the most effective strategy to get the outcome you want. We return all calls and e-mails on a timely basis, helping you quickly and efficiently find solutions that meet your needs.

Our Representation in Divorce Modification Proceedings

We represent either party in motions to modify or amend existing divorce judgments, handling cases involving requests based on:

  • A change in the employment status of either parent, including the loss of a job, a need to transfer for a new job or promotion, or a change in shifts that affects custody or visitation schedules
  • A change in the health of either parent, with an impact on the ability to provide adequate care for children
  • Instances of physical abuse or dangerous or harmful activity, such as drug or alcohol abuse
  • Changes in the educational, medical, religious or other special needs of the child

We work with men and women who have child custody, visitation, child support or alimony modification requests.

We will gather and assess all evidence to support your position, and will prepare and file all documents required by the court. We will also be your advocate in all hearings or proceedings. Attorney Millard has extensive trial experience and can aggressively protect your interests in court. He is also a certified family law mediator and will work with you to find cooperative solutions to your disputes.

Contact Us

To schedule a private meeting with an experienced Sugar Land post-divorce modifications attorney, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 281-201-1277. We accept payments by credit card.

Spanish translation services are available upon request. Servicios de traducción en español disponibles.